With removable second-row seats and fold-in-floor third-row seats, there's room for everything including lay-flat plywood storage. There's 145.1 cubic feet of cargo room (behind first row) in LX, EX, SX trims.
“Slide-Flex” seating in 8-passenger versions allows multiple configurations and offers up 168.2 cubic feet of passenger room. Second-row VIP Lounge Seating with power controls, wing-out headrests and leg extensions in up-level 7-passenger configuration.
The Carnival is motivated by a 3.5-liter V6 engine making a best-in-class 290 horsepower. This powertrain provides up to 3,500 pounds of towing capacity for confident trailer, boat, or camper excursions.
2022 KIA Carnival Reveal
Staking claim on the unoccupied space between SUV and family hauler is the all-new 2022 Kia Carnival Life Utility Vehicle (LUV). But MVP is the better moniker.
It boasts best-in-class passenger room, best-in-class cargo room, and best-in-class horsepower. So, there’s space for everything. People, playthings, or plywood, depending on the day’s errands…or adventures.
Plus, the Carnival wears KIA’s signature bold and boxy appearance, like the Telluride, Sorento, and Seltos. Inside, the three-row seven- or eight-passenger MPV delivers a premium level of refinement, savvy technology, and flexibility.
The Carnival is motivated by a 3.5-liter V6 engine making a best-in-class 290 horsepower. Furthermore, this powertrain provides up to 3,500 pounds of towing capacity. It's perfect for trailer, boat, or camper towing with confidence
The front-wheel drive keeps things simple with a single powertrain. Here are the highlights:
- 3.5-liter V6 GDI Engine
- Best in class 290 horsepower at 6,400 rpm
- 262 lb.-ft. torque at 5,000 rpm
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- 3500 lbs. of towing capacity
THE MIC DROP
INNOVATIVE FLEXIBLE CABINThe likes of which the world has never seen. Victoria to Tofino is an adventure in luxury with VIP lounge seating with power controls, wing-out headrests and leg extensions.
Innovative Flexible Cabin
- Best-in-class 168.2 cubic feet of passenger room
- Best-in-class 145.1 cubic feet of cargo room (behind first row) in LX, EX, SX trims
“Slide-Flex” seating in 8-passenger versions allows multiple configurations. This includes a sliding second row center seat. So, when in the forward-most position, this allows the front passenger easy access the baby or child riding in it. Plus, this seat also converts into a functional table.
- Available heated and ventilated second-row VIP Lounge Seating
- Power controls
- Wing-out headrests and leg extensions in up-level 7-passenger configuration
- Removable second-row seats and fold-in-floor third-row seats for best-in-class cargo room (second row seats not removable in SX-Prestige)
The Carnival also offers a roster of special and innovative features to make travel easier, safer, and more enjoyable:
- Standard hands-free opening power sliding doors with Smart Key
- Available hands-free Smart Power Liftgate with auto-close (EX and above)
- Available Smart Key with one-button open/close functionality for rear sliding doors and liftgate (EX and above)
- Rear Occupant Alert uses ultrasonic sensors engineered to detect child or pet movement. So, once the doors have been locked the second and third can rows sense if the vehicle isn't empty. The Carnival will notify the driver and surrounding area through multiple alerts. In other words, it sounds the horn, lights the hazard lamps, and notifies the driver through the UVO link app on your cell phone (EX and above)
- Safe Exit Assist: Audibly alerts the driver or passengers opening their door not to exit the vehicle when the system detects approaching traffic. Plus, the system can lock the rear doors if needed when the vehicle is equipped with available Power Child Lock.
- Rear Passenger View Camera with zoom and night vision. Yes that's right. Keep an eye on children and pets in the back seat, even after dark (standard on EX, SX, SX-Prestige).
- Passenger Talk cabin intercom system. In other words, clear communication between passengers up front and in the rear is easy (standard on EX, SX, SX-Prestige).
- Passenger Voice Recognition allows second row occupants to control numerous in-vehicle functions. This works through voice commands by pushing a button mounted on the ceiling (standard on EX SX, SX-Prestige).
- Dual Rear Screen Entertainment Monitors with Wireless Apple and Android device screen mirroring (standard on SX, SX-Prestige).
And like all of Kia’s lineup, the Carnival offers a wide array of standard and optional technology. This includes:
- Standard 8-inch touchscreen display
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Multi-Bluetooth connectivity
- Up to nine USB ports for all three rows and two 110-volt power inverters
- Bose Premium sound system, available with 12 high-performance speakers
UVO link telematics offers an array of advanced connected vehicle features, such as:
- Connected Routing: A new cloud-based route calculation system that uses UVO cloud to calculate the optimal route. In other words, using real-time maps, predicted upcoming traffic info based on historical information and AI to learn the preferred routes of users, it will get you to your destination.
- Connected Weather: Provides weather information for more than 25,000 cities.
- Enhanced UVO voice assist feature. For example, this allows voice control of the vehicle’s climate, seat and steering-wheel heating, audio system, and other functions.
- Connected User Profiles: Allows customers to add an additional driver profile to their vehicle. So, the drivers can have their individual UVO accounts linked to the vehicle. It also gives access to the remote features using the Kia Access App. Additionally, the profile stores some select settings in the UVO account. Therefore, it can be shared with other compatible Kia vehicles.
- Calendar Integration: Designed to sync your Google or iCloud calendar with UVO link. This allows you to receive event notification alerts while in the vehicle. Plus, in some cases, it can provide navigation to your event’s destination.
- UVO & Smart Speaker Integration lets customers use Amazon-Alexa or Google-Assistant enabled smart speaker or device to remotely control some functions (such as remote start)
- Engine Idle Notification and Automatic Engine Shut Off. In other words, this notifies the driver via the UVO link app if the engine is left idling and, after a pre-selected time, turns off the engine.
- Rear Occupancy Alert. Consequently, it can send push notification alerts via the UVO link app if movement is detected inside the vehicle.
- 911 Connect and Roadside Assistance. Will automatically attempt to call 911 via the built-in UVO modem if an airbag deploys. Subsequently, for non-emergencies, it can connect with 24/7 roadside assist and share the vehicle’s location
Built on a Better Base
The 2022 Carnival is underpinned by the same all-new 3rd generation “N3” platform as the Sorento and K5. Kia’s engineers made sure it was lighter, stronger and quieter than the outgoing architecture, and highlights include:
- Expanded use of hot-stamped parts and ultra-high-strength steel. As a result, there is increased average tensile strength and torsional stiffness that result in better driving dynamics.
- Greater application of sound absorbing and insulating materials. Therefore minimizing road, wind, and engine noise.
- Aerodynamic improvements to wheels, front bumper, and mirrors to achieve better fuel economy.
BEST IN CLASS
ADVANCE DRIVER ASSISTANCE SYSTEMGet enhanced confidence with 12 standard Advanced Driver Assistance System features - the most comprehensive standard suite in the segment. Plus, available exclusive Blind-Spot View Monitor... which no one else has!
Best in Class Safety Suite
As part of Kia’s overall commitment to safety, the Carnival is loaded.
STANDARD Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
It has a more comprehensive list of standard Advanced Driver Assistance Systems features than any in the segment. This includes these standard ADAS systems”:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA). Assists the driver when braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects. In certain conditions, if a pedestrian or vehicle is detected in front, the Carnival uses automatic braking to avoid or mitigate an impact.
- Blind-Spot Avoidance Assist (BCA). Under certain conditions, can detect vehicles traveling in the next lane. When a vehicle is “seen” in the blind spot, the vehicle brakes the outer wheel under certain conditions to help return the vehicle to its lane.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA). Helps detect most approaching cross traffic when in reverse. When approaching cross traffic is detected, the system alerts the driver and applies brakes.
- Parking Distance Warning-Reverse (PDW-R). Detects certain objects behind the vehicle, issuing an audible warning when an obstruction is detected. The warning tone chimes faster as the vehicle gets closer to the detected object.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) with Lane Following Assist (LFA). Follows lane markings that the system detects. then, it provides steering inputs to help maintain the vehicle in the center of the lane. This also includes Lane Departure Warning (LDW), which provides an audible warning when the vehicle drifts from its intended lane.
- High Beam Assist (HBA). Detects oncoming traffic and automatically switches off the high beam headlights, Then, turns them on once traffic has passed
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW). Senses inattentive driving patterns and sends an audible/visual warning to alert the driver
AVAILABLE Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
In addition, the Carnival offers several available “Kia Drive Wise” Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) for additional peace of mind:
- Segment-exclusive Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM). Projects live video view of adjacent lanes in the instrument cluster and activated via the turn signal
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist-Cyclist (FCA – cyclist). Helps detect cyclists in front of the vehicle and uses automatic braking to avoid or mitigate an impact
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA). Uses federal highway speed limit information from the navigation system. And, under certain conditions, will automatically adjust speed to be within the posted speed limit and maintain distance with the vehicle detected in front.
- Navigation Based Smart Cruise Control-Curve (NSCC-C). Leverages the navigation system to lower the vehicle’s speed proactively before upcoming curves.
- Parking Collision Avoidance Assist (PCA-R). Uses rear view camera and rear ultrasonic sensors when the vehicle backs out of a parking spot. This helps to detect most pedestrians or nearby obstacles, warning drivers with a chime and can engage brakes to prevent a collision.
- Surround View Monitor (SVM). Utilizes four cameras to provide a 360-degree perspective around the vehicle enhancing driver confidence in tight parking situations
STANDARD ADVANCED DRIVER ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS
But don't take our word for it...
Driving.ca says The 2022 Kia Carnival is a minivan for SUV-lovers. Check out the article here.
Here's another first look by Motortrend: 2022 Kia Carnival First Look: It's a "Multi-Purpose Vehicle," Not a Minivan
Plus, check out all the official information on the 2022 KIA Carnival right here at KIA.ca.
You can also access all our articles on the KIA Carnival right here.