2022 Kia Stinger Overview: What’s New?
The Highly Anticipated 2022 Kia Stinger Overview
The 2022 Kia Stinger is set to arrive this spring and is receiving a mid-cycle redesign that covers the interior, exterior, trim, and even adds a more powerful engine across the board that enables the Stinger to give you the ultimate sports car experience. The 2022 Stinger will be available in the GT-Line and GT Elite (GT-1 and GT-2) trims at the time of vehicle launch, with the Scorpion edition launching at a later date.
What's New in 2022?
- New Kia brand 3D emblem. Launched earlier this year.
- Standard LED headlamps with a new DRL signature or optional “Stinger-signature” LED DRLs and headlights
- A standard rear LED taillamps bridged by an eye-catching new taillight design that spans the full width of the liftgate; GT trims get a full LED treatment with LED turn signals
- New 18- and 19-inch wheel designs defined by lean and technical geometric shapes
- More aggressive exhaust tip design for enhanced visual appeal
- Black gloss and chrome details on the instrument panel add a touch of polish
- Modern stitching pattern on inside door panels casts a striking effect inside the GT Elite; GT Elite models with Nappa leather surfaces gain a new “chain link” design inspired by the wristbands found on high-end watches
- Ambient LED mood cabin lighting with a vibrant selection of colours
Scorpion Special Edition
The Stinger Scorpion will arrive later this spring and has exclusive features including:
- Select exterior colours: Snow White, Aurora Black, and Ceramic Silver
- Rear spoiler
- Blacked out fender garnish, side mirror caps, and darkened exhaust tips
- Unique black wheels
- Interior carbon fibre pattern trim
The 2022 Stinger is receiving all-new, more powerful engine options across the board.
GT Limited has a new 2.5L turbocharged engine that produces 300 horsepower, 311 lb-ft of torque resulting in a 0-60 mph time of 5.2 seconds. Available in both RWD and AWD.
GT-1, GT-2, and the Scorpion edition are equipped with Brembo Brakes and Launch Control to better fit its more powerful 3.3L turbocharged V6 that boasts 368 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque with a 4.7 second 0-60 mph time. Available in both RWD and AWD.
Latest Technology and Safety Features
As always, Kia continues to make huge strides year over year in the standard convenience and safety technology that is included with your vehicle purchase.
- Standard 10.25-inch touchscreen display with navigation and standard Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, plus multi-connection Bluetooth wireless connectivity and split-screen functionality
- Wireless charger for compatible smartphones
- A larger 4.2-inch colour TFT center cluster is easier to read and offers a more vibrant exchange of information.
- An available 7-inch center cluster provides the safety of the available Blind Spot View Monitor with a live video view of adjacent lanes activated via the turn signal. This screen also projects the available Surround View Monitor, which utilizes four cameras to provide a 360-degree vehicle perspective
Active Safety Features
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Junction Turning: Assists the driver in braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions when turning left and an oncoming vehicle is approaching
- Safe Exit Warning: Can alert the driver or passengers opening their door not to exit the vehicle when the system detects approaching traffic. When detected, a chime sounds.
- Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist: Under certain conditions, can detect vehicles in the blind spot travelling in the next lane. The vehicle brakes via the outer wheel under certain conditions to help return the vehicle to its intended lane
- Rear Cross-Traffic Avoidance Assist: Helps detect most approaching cross-traffic when in reverse. When approaching cross-traffic is detected, the system alerts the driver and applies the brakes
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control: leverages the navigation system to lower the vehicle’s speed proactively before upcoming curves
- Lane Following Assist: Follows lane markings that the system detects and provides steering inputs to help maintain the vehicle in the center of the lane
- Highway Driving Assist: Uses federal highway speed limit information from the navigation system and, under certain conditions, will automatically adjust speed to be within the posted speed limit and maintain distance with the vehicle detected in front