Everything We Know About the New and Improved 2022 Kia Forte in Victoria BC
The 2022 Kia Forte
The 2022 Kia Forte sedan is almost here. It has a host of new enhancements including unbelievable new front and rear design elements. Plus, an upgraded 10.25 inch widescreen navigation display, and an expanded suite of new and existing Drive Wise safety features. In total, the 2022 Forte has six active driver assist features and 15 total systems including Lane Following Assist, Navigation-Based Smart Cruise Control, Highway Driving Assist, and Safe Exit Warning.
In 2022, the Forte will be available in four trim levels – FE, LXS, GT-Line and the top end GT trim. The EX trim has been discontinued and in its place a new GT-Line Sport Premium package has been added. Other new package offerings across the model range include LXS Technology, GT-Line Technology, and GT Technology. Each comes with a unique combination of tech and Drive Wise features.
For the driving enthusiasts among us is the top end GT trim. It offers a 201 horsepower turbocharged 4 cylinder engine, augmented with tight handling. It’s also available in 6-speed manual transmission, which is increasingly rare these days.
The All-New Exterior Design
We can’t wait to get this one onto the showroom floor. The exterior of the 2022 Forte incorporates a new design identity with enhanced styling elements in the front and rear.
- Sleeker, more expressive headlight designs
- Next-generation tiger-nose grille
- Revised front and rear bumpers to accentuate a wider, stronger image
- LED fog lights seamlessly integrated into air-intake grille (GT, GT-Line only)
- New 16-inch and 17-inch dark metal gray alloy wheel designs (LXS, GT-Line only)
- Sportier LED taillight/rear combination lamp design (GT, GT-Line only)
- New trunk lid spoiler emphasizes rear width and stability
A Fully Loaded Interior
The 2022 Forte delivers a luxurious passenger experience with its modern cabin. It’s defined by driver-centric, high-tech interior space. Key feature enhancements include:
- A larger 4.2-inch color TFT LCD cluster (standard on all trims)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is now standard through the 8-inch touchscreen display audio/infotainment system (standard on FE, LXS)
- 10.25-inch wide touchscreen navigation/infotainment standard on GT and GT-Line
- Smart Key now features remote start (standard on GT, GT-Line)
- Available SynTex synthetic leather seating
In addition, the Forte continues to deliver a comfortable and spacious five-seat cabin with up to 111.3 cubic-ft. of passenger and cargo volume.
Under the Hood
The Forte still offers two proven engines. This allows customers to choose between an enjoyable driving experience that is either smooth and efficient… or deliberately sporty and responsive.
The 2.0-liter MPI I-4 engine (FE, LXS, GT-Line) comes equipped with an Intelligent Continuously Variable Transmission (IVT) that produces 147 horsepower/132 lb.-ft. of torque.
Conversely, the Turbocharged 1.6-liter GDI I-4 engine (GT) lets you choose either a 7-speed dual clutch transmission (DCT) or 6-speed manual transmission. Both produce 201 horsepower/195 lb.-ft. Torque. The drive feel is further enhanced by the Forte’s Multi-link rear suspension and Dual sport-tuned exhaust.
Drive Wise Features
The 2022 Kia Forte has a laundry list of both active and passive driver assist features, with up to 15 systems in total. Here are 5 safety features that are brand new to the Forte:
- Lane Following Assist (LFA): Follows lane markings that the system detects and provides steering inputs to help maintain the vehicle in the center of the lane.
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA): Uses federal highway speed limit information from the navigation system. And, under certain conditions, will automatically adjust speed to be within the posted speed limit. It helps to maintain distance with the vehicle detected in front.
- Navigation Based Smart Cruise Control-Curve (NSCC-C): Leverages the navigation system to lower the vehicle’s speed proactively before upcoming curves.
- Navigation Based Smart Cruise Control-Zone (NSCC-Z): Leverages the navigation system to lower the vehicle’s speed proactively to adapt to changing speed limits on the highway.
- Safe Exit Warning (SEW): Can alert the driver or passengers of certain potential hazards approaching from behind when exiting the vehicle.
Kia has yet to release pricing and release information on the 2022 Kia Forte, stay posted to our blog for the latest updates on everything Kia.