60 DAYS OF GIVING
NEW MONTHLY CHARITY
We are launching a 60 Days of Giving Soul Food Campaign! Food banks like the Mustard Seed are often forgotten post-holidays but are needed now more than ever. The pandemic has resulted in a much greater need than ever before from individuals and families that would not otherwise need the services of a food bank.
Throughout the month of January and February, we are collecting non-perishable food and and cash donations for the Mustard Seed Victoria.
Here’s how you can help:
- For every $5 donation we receive in our service department, we’ll match it!
- If you donate $5, we’ll give you $5 off your service bill!
- If you donate nonperishable food items, we’ll give you $5 off your service bill!
- Pop on by anytime to donate. We're collecting food donations in our KIA Soul in the showroom, and monetary donations at our Service Counter.
So next time you’re in, please help us help the Mustard Seed.
THE HEART & SOUL COVID-19 CAMPAIGN DETAILS
Your continued support means we can support you and your community through various charity initiatives. This is what we were up to in 2020:
- In-lieu-of a holiday party this year, the KIA team voted to donate $1200 to The Mustard Seed, $800 to the BC SPCA, $600 to the 1up Single Parent Society, $500 to Power to Be, $100 to Island Sexual Health, $100 to BC Guide Dogs, $100 to BC Humane Society, and $100 to BC Children’s Hospital! It was a COVID holiday un-party to remember.
- 10,000 SOCKS: In December, we jumped on board with a local Coolaid campaign that has raised $562,500 over the past 13 years to provide socks to the most vulnerable in the community. We donated $1500 to this worthy cause.
- BC SPCA: Thanks to our keen animal lover and sales team member, Isabel Allison, KIA Victoria supported the BC SPCA 2020 Offleashed Virtual Gala. And thanks to her contagious passion, we supported the event with $500 in tickets.
- 1UP SINGLE PARENT RESOURCE CENTRE: Earlier this year we donated 2 bikes to needy local families valued at over $1200 including helmets and locks.
- POWER TO SUMMIT / POWER TO BE: We raised a whopping $4791.02 for the Power to Be charity through their Power to Summit fundraiser. Power-To-Be is a local non-profit organization that creates access to nature for people living with cognitive, physical, financial, and social barriers. We're so proud to be a part of their fundraiser.
- MUSTARD SEED: The food bank is a cause near and dear to our hearts. In the past year, we’ve raised over $3,500 plus three car-loads full of groceries for the Mustard Seed Victoria through our Soul Food Campaign.
KIA Victoria this thrilled to announce that we have jumped on board with an amazing local charity campaign! This is the start of something really really good... we can feel it!
KIA Victoria has already donated 1500 pairs of socks. Please help us help the most in need. We're looking to raise $1500 more! Tack a donation onto your service bill, bring in a cash donation, or simply go online at coolaid.org/socks to make a donation and receive a charitable tax receipt.
This campaign was started 13 years ago by Michael Bloomfield, bringing 112,500 pairs of socks worth $562,500 to the vulnerable population in our region. They aim to distribute 10,000 socks each year.
The socks are made available at a generously discounted price to Cool Aid and shipping is kindly contributed by La-Z-Boy.
Cool Aid encourages members of the public to contribute to the $10,000 campaign by deciding how many people they would like to help clothe at $1 per pair and making a donation at coolaid.org/socks or by calling 250-383-1977. You can also add a donation to your service bill, or bring in a cash donation to KIA Victoria.
By now, hopefully you know that we really get a kick out of helping the community. Kia Victoria was thrilled to receive this year’s Community Driver Award for Vancouver Island Region, recognizing meaningful contributions to the growth and livability of their community or region.
And so each month we're choosing a new charity to support. We've raised over $3500 for the Mustard Seed Victoria, plus three car loads full of groceries.
Thanks for your help with this and all our other campaigns! We love Victoria!!
BIKES FOR KIDS
We are donating new kids bikes to the 1Up Single Parent Society!! Some deserving local kids will get to tear it up this summer. Because all kids deserve the freedom and fun of having their own wheels, especially after the spring we’ve had.
We're starting it off with the purchase of 2 NEW BIKES with helmets and locks! Then it's up to you, Victoria! We are accepting donations until July 31 to purchase as many more as we can!! Together we can make a huge difference in one kid's life.
You can add a donation to your service or sales bill, plus we have a tin set up in service for cash donations. Not coming in? Give us a call in service to make your donation at 250-360-1111.
COVID-19 COMMUNITY HELP
Since taking over Graham Kia in October 2019, our mandate at has been to help our community in every way we can. Right now, we find ourselves in a position where business is very much affected by the COVID-19 crisis. And so, with many cars begging for a trip off the lot, and many hands with little to do, we have been giving back as best we can during this unprecedented time.
Kia Victoria staff are picking up groceries and prescriptions for people who aren’t able to be out and about, such as those with compromised immune systems, seniors, or health care workers.
To request a grocery or prescription delivery, please contact the dealership at 250-360-1111.
If we can be of any assistance during this time, please do not hesitate to ask.
MUSTARD SEED COVID-19 RELIEF
We have partnered with the Mustard Seed during the COVID-19 crisis to serve those most in need.
Right now service centre customers can donate $5 on their service invoice and KIA Victoria will match it. Those who bring in non-perishable food for the Mustard Seed will receive $5 off their service bill.
Not in need of a service this month? Anyone wishing to contribute can drop off food or donations at the dealership. We are also willing to pick up donations around Victoria for those who can’t leave home but would still like to contribute. Call us at 250-360-111 for collection.
ONGOING HEART & SOUL COMMUNITY GIVING CAMPAIGN DETAILS
Community Driver Award
Kia Victoria is thrilled to announce that we just won this year’s Community Driver Award for Vancouver Island Region! The distinction recognizes BC’s dealerships that exemplify business strength and community excellence with a significant focus on making tangible contributions to the growth and livability of their community or region.
Honestly, we’re SO EXCITED we want to shout this out from the top of Mount Doug. But we’ll settle for this newsletter instead.
This is truly what we want Kia Victoria to be about: being an impactful part of your community through charitable works and neighbourhood partnerships.
Summer Soul Food
Stay tuned for our Summer Soul Food Campaign with the Mustard Seed! That’s right, we’re filling up another Kia Soul with non-perishable food!
Did you know that the need for donations at food banks often rises in the summer because children who normally rely on school breakfast programs no longer have that option?
Demand is higher in the summer, but food banks aren’t on people’s radars during the summer months. In fact, most donations are made during family gathering times like Christmas, but they decline drastically in the summer, when school closures mean they’re more needed than ever.
Stay tuned for more information!