Kia charges into 2023 with awards and strong sales
Kia Canada hit 2023 at an Olympic pace with a trunk-load of awards and recognition, including a third-time consecutive category win as AJAC’s Best Large Utility Vehicle in Canada.
“Kia Canada’s upward momentum continues into 2023 with record breaking January sales and several industry awards recognizing a number of models in our lineup,” says Elias El-Achhab, VP and COO of Kia Canada. “These awards and sales are just the beginning, and we look forward to delivering new and inspiring products to Canadians across the country in 2023.”
The 2023 award wins include:
- AJAC Best Large Utility Vehicle in Canada – Kia Telluride
- NACTOY North American Utility Vehicle of the Year – Kia EV6
- AutoTrader Best Mid-Size SUV – Kia Telluride
- AutoGuide 2023 Utility Vehicle of the Year – Kia Sportage
- Number one mass-market brand in the J.D. Power 2023 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study*
- D. Power 2023 Canada ALG Residual Value Awards* Mass Market Electric Vehicles segment – Kia EV6
- D. Power 2023 Canada ALG Residual Value Awards Small Cars segment – Kia Rio
The company has also posted record-breaking January sales for Kia Canada with 5,263 units sold. Forte led the sales with 1,163 units, followed by Seltos at 984 units and Sportage at 727 units. Canadian sales were further bolstered by global momentum, as Kia Corporation recorded total sales of 237,437 units in January, a 9.0 per cent increase year on year.