The Seltos is engineered to deliver a comfortable, capable and confidence-inspiring experience for both driver and passengers. A number of elements contribute to Seltos’ composed ride and lively driving performance:
- MacPherson strut front suspension; Coupled Torsion Beam Axle (CTBA) rear suspension on front-wheel drive models and Multi-link rear suspension on all-wheel drive models
- Strong and rigid body composed of 61 percent advanced high-strength steel and further enhanced with 374 feet of structural adhesives
- Choice of three drive modes – Normal, Eco, Sport – each using specific settings for powertrain, drivetrain and steering mapping to provide the desired driving experience
- Available active on-demand all-wheel drive1 (AWD) system, similar in technological design to the award-winning Telluride, provides all-weather capabilities and enhanced driving performance with a center locking differential that splits power equally between the front and rear wheels for more severe environments. The AWD system also makes use of torque vectoring, which increases traction by predicting which wheel will best utilize power in a given on-road situation. This enhances stability in corners and gives the vehicle more connection to the road.
What’s Under the Hood?
Smartly styled with 2 different engine options, the 2021 Seltos has a model for every budget.
- The base model includes a 0-liter four-cylinder MPI engine producing 146 horsepower and 132 lb.-ft. of torque, managed by an Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT) (LX, S and EX)
- The SX Turbo AWD comes with a turbo charged 6-liter Turbo GDI engine outputting 175 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque, paired with a 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) (S and SX)