The Stinger is Kia’s ultimate performance vehicle. An incredibly powerful 3.3L Turbo V6 engine that produces 368 horsepower is standard across all trims, along with 19-inch alloy wheels and aggressive styling that will help you arrive in style wherever the road takes you.
The Kia Stinger is a midsize sportback sedan, that sits atop the Kia car line-up ahead of the Kia Rio, Forte, and K5. Plus, the Stinger wears KIA’s all-new signature bold and boxy appearance in a sporty performance package. Inside, the five-passenger sedan delivers a premium level of refinement, savvy technology, and tuned flexibility.
The Kia Stinger has won prestigious awards:
- 2022 IIHS Top Safety Pick+
- 2021 IIHS Top Safety Pick+
- 2020 IIHS Top Safety Pick
- Winner of the first-ever J.D. Power Engineering Award for Highest-Rated All-New Vehicle
- 2018 Best of the Best Award presented by the Canadian Automotive Jury
- Kia Stinger was named 2018 Midsize Car of the Year during the 2018 Auto123.com
- Winner of a global iF Design Award, a prestigious honour that has been given annually since 1953 by the International Forum Design, renowned as a seal of quality for design excellence
The Stinger counts other sporty mid-sized sedans as its main competition. Cars like the Mazda Mazda6, Honda Accord, Genesis G80, Acura TLX, and Audi S4.
How does the Kia Stinger Compare?
The Kia Stinger has four trim levels to choose from, starting at $52,645 including freight. But how does it stack up against the top competitors in the segment? Let's take a peek.
**All prices include freight**
- GT Limited $52,645
- GT Elite $55,145
- GT Elite Suede Package $55,445
- Scorpion $56,545
- SE $35,575
- Sport $37,175
- EX-L $38,475
- Touring $41,775
- Sport 2.0 $40,375
- Touring 2.0 $44,775
- TLX $48,200
- Tech $50,600
- A Spec $53,500
- Platinum Elite $55,900
- Type S $63,000
- Progressive $64,300
- Technik $67,650
Kia Stinger Trim Levels
- 5-year/100,000 km - Worry-Free Comprehensive Warranty
- 5 year/ unlimited mileage - 24/7 roadside Assistance
- 3.3L Twin-Turbo GDI 6-cylinder engine, 8-speed Sportmatic AT
- All-Wheel Drive and Electronic control suspension
- Idle Stop and Go Technology
- Drive Mode Select (Eco/Smart/Comfort/Normal/Sport/Custom)
- Shift By Wire and Paddle Shifters
- Brembo Brakes
- 19” Machined-Finish Alloy Wheels with Michelin Performance Tires
- Integrated dual exhaust
- Rear Parking Sensors with Rearview Camera
- Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Keep Assist System
- Lane Following Assist
- Advanced Forward Collision Avoidance Assist - Junction
- Advanced Smart Cruise Control with Highway Driving Assist
- 10.25” Multimedia Interface (/w Navi)
- 15 Speaker Harmon/Kardon Sound System
- UVO Intelligence / Android Auto / Apple CarPlay / Bluetooth / Satellite Radio
- AUX/USB Input / Dual 12V Charging Ports
- Wireless Cell Phone Charger
- Smart Key with Push-Button Start
- Leather Interior
- 12-Way Power Front Seats; Driver Memory System
- Heated Front and Rear Seats
- Air-Cooled Front Seats
- Heated Sports Steering Wheel w/ metal accent
- Leather & Chrome Wrapped Gear Shifter
- Power Folding Auto-dimming Sideview Mirrors
- Smart Power Liftgate
- Power Sunroof
- Adds to GT Limited
- Nappa Leather Interior
- 360-Degree Camera Monitoring System
- Blindspot View Monitor
- Heads-Up Display
GT Elite - Suede Package
- Adds to GT Elite
- Suede Seat Inserts
- Suede Dashboard Trim
- Red Accent Stitching
- Red Seatbelts
- Adds to GT Elite
- 19” Black Alloy Wheels
- Rear Spoiler
- Black Side Mirror Caps
- Black Fender Garnish
- Darkened Exhaust Tips
- Carbon-fibre Pattern Interior Trim
- Stinger elevates “the game” with distinctive LED exterior lighting, new geometric alloy wheels, and more aggressive quad exhaust design
- GT-Line joins the high-horsepower club with a potent 2.5-liter turbo-four-cylinder engine that delivers 300 horsepower and 311 lb.-ft. of torque; gaining 45-HP from the outgoing 2.0T with no sacrifice in fuel economy
- GT’s 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 ups performance with a bump in power and is complemented by a new electronic variable exhaust for an even more visceral experience
- Befitting of a gran tourer, Stinger’s interior refinement and luxury evolves with black gloss and chrome garnishes in the cockpit, a new standard 10.25-inch navigation display, enhanced LED ambient mood lighting and a new Nappa leather seat design
- Kia’s latest Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), including Auto Emergency Braking Technology, Blind Spot Collision Avoidance, and Lane Keeping Assist are now all standard
Must Have Features
Heads-Up Display (GT Elite) - Upgrading to the GT Elite trim gives customers a handful of helpful features, including Kia’s intuitive heads-up display, which displays your current driving speed and other helpful information on the windshield in front of you, directly in your line of sight. This removes the need to look down at the dash cluster while driving and keeps your eyes on the road.
360 Camera (GT Elite) - On top of the heads-up display, the GT Elite trim also offers customers a 360-degree camera, which is perfect when parallel parking, or fitting into any tight parking space. On top of the usual rearview camera, the 360-degree camera offers a top-down view that can show you how close you are to vehicles or curbs beside you, or how close your front bumper is to the vehicle in front of you. Make parking in any space a breeze with Kia’s helpful 360-degree camera.
V6 Turbo Engine
The Kia Stinger is one of the most powerful vehicles on the road today, with an awe-inspiring 368 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque for near-instantaneous acceleration. Paired with 19-inch performance tires, Brembo brakes and a sport-tuned suspension the Stinger gives drivers racecar level performance, even on your daily commute.
10.25-Inch Display Screen
Arguably the biggest update for the 2022 Kia Stinger is the 10.25-inch display screen standard across all trim levels. This useful multimedia display lets you adjust the radio, phone options, climate control, navigation, and other key features of your vehicle.
15 Speaker Audio System
All 2022 Kia K5s come equipped with a 15-speaker Harman/Kardon speaker setup, which easily immerses all passengers. Help make traffic less stressful by shutting out any road noise and singing along to your favourite tunes, audiophiles won’t be able to go back after experiencing this incredible audio system.
When it comes to safety in the Kia Stinger, it all comes standard.
BCA (Blind-spot Collision-Avoidance) - Under certain conditions, can detect vehicles travelling in the next lane. When a vehicle is detected in the blind spot, the vehicle brakes the outer wheel under certain conditions to help return the vehicle to its lane.
RCA Rear Cross-Traffic Alert - A Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning is an advanced driving assistance system that informs the driver if a vehicle is approaching from the left or right when the driver’s vehicle is in reverse and is backing out of a parking space.
LKA (Lane Keeping Assist) - Helps detect lane markings and provides steering inputs to help prevent the vehicle from leaving the lane while driving
LFA (Lane Following Assist) - Follows lane markings that the system detects and provides steering inputs to help maintain the vehicle in the center of the lane.
AFCA (Advanced Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist - Junction) - Assists the driver when braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions if a vehicle is detected in front. Uses automatic braking to avoid or mitigate an impact
ASCC (Advanced Smart Cruise Control) with stop & go - Helps maintain distance from the vehicle ahead and drive at a speed set by the driver, including in certain stop-and-go driving conditions
HDA Highway Driving Assist - Uses federal highway speed limit information from the navigation system and, under certain conditions, will automatically adjust speed to be within the posted speed limit and maintain distance with the vehicle detected in front and helps center the vehicle in the lane.
Technology Like No Other
Standard is the name of the game with the Kia Stinger. We don't mess around with all the technology must-haves.
- Standard 10.25-inch touchscreen display
- Standard 7-inch Supervision instrument cluster
- Standard Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Standard Wireless smartphone charging
- Standard Multi-Bluetooth connectivity
- Standard AUX/USB Input / Dual 12V Charging Ports
- Standard Premium Harmon/Kardon Sound System, with 15 high-performance speakers
- Standard HomeLink System
- Available Bi Function Dynamic Bending LED Headlights
- Available 360-Degree Camera Monitoring System
- Available Blind-spot View Monitor
- Available Heads Up Display
UVO link telematics offers an array of advanced connected vehicle features, such as connected weather, user profiles, calendar integration, and smart speaker integration (hello, Alexa! Hello Google!). Plus can't-live-without features like:
A new cloud-based route calculation system that uses UVO cloud to calculate the optimal route. In other words, using real-time maps, predicted upcoming traffic info based on historical information and AI to learn the preferred routes of users, it will get you to your destination.
Enhanced UVO voice assist feature
For example, this allows voice control of the vehicle’s climate, seat and steering-wheel heating, audio system, and other functions.
But don’t take our word for it…
Road Show by CNET.com says: “The Kia Stinger GT... remains one of the best performance values in the biz.” Check out the article here.
Car and Driver says, "Powerful optional V-6, sexy lines with hatchback practicality, even the base model offers a premium look and feel. Like the Telluride SUV, the Stinger is yet another near-premium arrow in Kia's quiver." Read the article in full here.
Plus, check out all the official information on the 2022 KIA Stinger right here at KIA.ca.
You can also access all our articles on the KIA Stinger right here.