Chances are you already know someone who has a Telluride, or is on the waitlist for one.
The Kia Telluride dominates the 3-row SUV market. With a 291 horsepower engine, 5000 lbs of towing, loads of tech and safety features, and a spacious interior, this 7- or 8-seat SUV can handle everything you throw at it or in it. And it looks good while doing it.
Kia’s newest SUV has won the most awards in its segment since its 2020 debut. The Telluride has been so popular over the last 3 years that it has swept awards like Edmunds Top Rated SUV every year it's been on the road. The Telluride collected the most awards in the SUV category within its first year on the market. These are some top awards the Telluride has been awarded:
- Best Large Utility Vehicle of 2023 by the Automotive Journalists Association of Canada
- 2020 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year
- 2020 World Car of the Year
- Best Buy Award from Kelley Blue Book among Three-Row Midsize SUVs two years in a row
- The Telluride won the "Triple Crown," consisting of the auto industry's most prestigious accolades. This includes the 2020 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year from North American Car of the Year, MotorTrend SUV of the Year; and a Car and Driver 10 Best. The Kia Telluride makes the record books as the first SUV that’s won all three awards in one year.
The Kia Telluride is the largest of all Kia SUVs, ahead of the Kia Sorento and Kia Sportage. It comes in a 8-passenger configuration or 7-passenger Captain Chairs configuration. The Telluride counts the Hyundai Pallisade, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander, and Ford Explorer as its main competitors.
Kia Telluride Trim Levels
- 8-passenger seating
- 5-year/100,000 km - Worry-Free Comprehensive Warranty
- 5 year/ unlimited mileage - 24/7 roadside Assistance
- 3.8L V6 GDI Atkinson 291 hp
- 8-speed automatic transmission, 262 lb-ft torque @ 5,000 rpm
- 5000 lbs towing capacity
- Forward Collision Avoidance Assist
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Junction Turning
- Lane Follow Assist
- Driver Attention Alert
- Electric parking brake and auto hold
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist Rear
- Rear Cross-Traffic Avoidance Assist
- Rear view monitor
- Rear seat reminder system
- Rear privacy glass
- Rear parking sensors
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Highway Drive Assist
- 18" alloy wheels
- Heated electric controlled auto folding side mirrors with signal repeaters
- Single sunroof
- 10.25" multimedia interface with navigation and HD traffic
- Voice recognition, Bluetooth, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay
- Smart key with push button start
- Wireless phone charger
- Smart power liftgate
- Power driver seat
- Synthetic leather
- Heated front seats
- Heated leather steering wheel
- 110V invertor
- Adds to EX AWD
- Front parking sensors
- Blindview monitor
- 20" alloy wheels
- Anodized roof rack
- Dual sunroof
- Harmon/Kardon Premium Sound
- 360-degree camera
- Leather seating
- Power passenger seat
- Air cooled front seats
- Driver memory function and seat cushion extension
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Junction Crossing
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Lane Change oncoming
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Lane Change Side
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Evasive Steering Assist
SX Limited AWD
- Adds to SX AWD
- 7-passenger Captains Seats
- Heated second row seating
- Air cooled second row seating
- Heads-up display
- Self-leveling rear suspension
- Nappa leather
- Adds to SX Limited AWD
- Tow Mode
- High Ground Clearance (213mm)
- 20” Black Alloy Wheels (X-Line Exclusive)
- Glossy Black Grill
- Glossy Black Bridge Type Roof Rack
- 5,500 lb Towing Capacity
- Front Seat X-PRO Emblem Printing
- 18” Black Alloy Wheels
- All Terrain Tires
Cabin Space and Cargo Capacity
- head room in front row is 1004 mm
- Cargo volume behind first row is 2455 litres
- Cargo volume behind second row is 1304 litres
- Cargo volume behind third row is 601 litres
- Total interior volume is 5043 litres
- Fuel tank capacity is 71 litres
- Engine is a 3.8 L V6 GDI 291 hp, 262 lb-ft torque
- Estimated fuel economy is 12.7/9.7 L/km city/highway
- Towing capacity is 5000 lbs
360-Degree Surround View Camera
The SX trim and higher trims feature a convenient and useful 360-degree camera that feeds into the large 10.25-inch display screen on your Telluride. A useful and convenient birdseye view will quickly show you how close you are to other vehicles or objects when pulling in or backing into tight parking spaces.
Spacious 2nd-Row Captains Chairs
Customers who opt for the SX Limited trim or higher can enjoy one of the most spacious 7-seat set up on the road today. 2nd-row captain's chairs give a massive amount of leg and shoulder room perfect for adult or teenage passengers in the back seat. The 2nd-row captain's chairs also make using the 3rd row much easier to navigate around and more comfortable overall with additional legroom for the middle seat.
Arrive In Style With The NightSky Edition Telluride
The Kia Telluride is a great-looking SUV with an iconic truck-like look that helps distinguish itself from the competition. Customers looking for an even more head-turning look should try out the fully loaded NightSky Edition Telluride. With 20-inch black alloy wheels, black roof rack, black front grille, and black bumper garnishes the Telluride NightSky certainly lives up to its name, and provides a striking visual finish to the stylish Telluride.
Comprehensive Safety Suite
As part of Kia’s overall commitment to safety, the Telluride is loaded with these STANDARD safety features.
- Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist-Rear (BCA-R) - Under certain conditions, can detect vehicles traveling in the next lane. When a vehicle is detected in the blind spot, the vehicle brakes the outer wheel under certain conditions to help return the vehicle to its lane.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA): Assists the driver when braking to help prevent a collision or lessen the effects in certain conditions if a vehicle is detected in front. Uses automatic braking to avoid or mitigate an impact
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) - Helps detect approaching cross traffic when in reverse. When approaching cross-traffic is detected, the system alerts the driver and may apply brakes.
- Lane Following Assist (LFA) - Follows lane markings that the system detects and provides steering inputs to help maintain the vehicle in the center of the lane.
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW) - Senses inattentive driving patterns and sends an audible/visual warning to alert the driver
- Highbeam Assist - High-beam assist recognises oncoming vehicles at night, switching headlights between main and dipped beam automatically. It's a very clever bit of kit and is claimed to make nocturnal driving less stressful.
- Safe Exit Assist (SEA) - uses rear corner radars to detect any approaching cars from behind, warning your passengers. It overrides attempts to deactivate the Electronic Child Safety Lock until it's safe for your rear passengers to open and exit the vehicle.
- Rear View Monitor (RVM) with Parking Guidance-Dynamic - Provides a view of behind the vehicle, with guidelines that adjust to follow the direction the vehicle is turning.
- Rear Seat Reminder System - A potentially life-saving feature, a rear seat reminder system is designed to remind a vehicle's driver that a child, or a pet, or even a grocery bag containing ice cream, might be in the back seat.
- Rear Parking Sensors - Also known as proximity sensors, this is a device that is located on the rear bumper in order to assist the driver when parking. They measure proximity to an approaching object, either in-front or behind, and alert the driver if they get too close.
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control (SCC) with Stop & Go (S&G) - Helps maintain distance from the vehicle ahead and drive at a speed set by the driver, including in certain stop-and-go driving conditions.
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA) Uses federal highway speed limit information from the navigation system and, under certain conditions, will automatically adjust speed to be within the posted speed limit and help to maintain distance with the vehicle detected in front.
Technology Like No Other
And like all of Kia’s lineup, the Telluride offers a wide array of standard and optional technology. This includes:
- Standard 10.25-inch multi-media interface with Navigation and HD Traffic
- Standard 3.5" TFT LCD Cluster, 7" TFT Supervision Cluster
- Standard Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Standard Wireless smartphone charging
- Standard Multi-Bluetooth connectivity
- Standard 12V power outlet, console-inside USB port, and 110-volt power inverter
- Standard UVO Telematics
- Available Harmon-Kardon Premium sound system
- Available Heads-Up Display
UVO link telematics offers an array of advanced connected vehicle features, such as connected weather, user profiles, calendar integration, and smart speaker integration (hello, Alexa! Hello Google!). Plus can't-live-without features like:
A new cloud-based route calculation system that uses UVO cloud to calculate the optimal route. In other words, using real-time maps, predicted upcoming traffic info based on historical information and AI to learn the preferred routes of users, it will get you to your destination.
Enhanced UVO voice assist feature
For example, this allows voice control of the vehicle’s climate, seat and steering-wheel heating, audio system, and other functions.
But don’t take our word for it…
You can't beat a 10/10 5-star review from Caranddriver.com, which states: “The 2022 Kia Telluride separates itself from the herd of three-row, mid-size crossovers with its handsome looks, unexpected luxuriousness, and unrivaled value. Of course, the largest Kia also flawlessly executes its core mission, which is to comfortably ferry families and their cargo. With a rugged exterior and a rich-looking interior, the Telluride wouldn't appear out of place in a Land Rover showroom. Along with an array of standard active safety features, every model has a robust infotainment system, and the top trim offers luxuries such as ventilated rear seats for an incredibly affordable price.” Check out the article here.
Plus, build and price out your own Kia Telluride right here.
You can also access all our articles on the Kia Telluride right here.