The All-New 2023 Kia Sportage
The All-New Kia Sportage Undergoes a Full Transformation for 2023
The highly anticipated 2023 Kia Sportage just received its biggest design overhaul ever. We’re talking a complete new interior and exterior design on this 5th generation Sportage. The bold redesign is a welcomed addition to the very tame and bland subcompact SUV market.
Here are some highlights:
- Significantly larger
- More capable and powerful
- Targeted to be more fuel efficient
- Available dual panoramic curved digital display
- Plus, an exciting new variant that will literally take consumers to new heights
The Sportage’s diverse selection of trim levels mean there’s something for everyone across 8 distinct model options. This includes the all-new Sportage X-Pro and X-Pro Prestige trims, which allow drivers to venture further into nature with off-road ready features.
Well, almost everything has changed, altered or improved on the all-new 2023 Sportage.
To start, the Sportage is bigger than previous versions. The new overall length is 7.1 inches longer, with a 3.4 inch longer wheelbase. Plus, the model is wider and taller. This extra space is put to good use, offering class leading rear legroom (41.3 inches of room). Plus, best-in-class rear cargo capacity with 39.6 cubic feet of space. This cargo space is further amplified by a dual-level cargo floor.
The 2023 Sportage is also equipped with a more powerful brand new 2.5-liter 4 cylinder engine. It’s also targeted to be more fuel efficient than previous versions. Paired with a new 8-speed automatic transmission, the new engine has a targeted 187 horsepower. Offered in both standard FWD and available AWD.
Brand New Styling
The new exterior design of the 2023 Sportage offers bold and sharp styling more in line with the recently redesigned Sorento SUV.
- Tiger nose grille gets more technical with floating design, perched above blacked out grille graphic that spans the entire width of the front fascia
- Distinct “boomerang” daytime running lights immediately draw the eye with dramatic angles, which push the uniquely shaped headlights to the outer corners
- Angular fenders lend the Sportage a sharp and strong presence
- Crisp shoulder line rises from the hood and runs down the side, adding more volume to overall shape
- Muscular shoulders around the rear flow into futuristic “notch-shaped” taillights, which are seamlessly connected by a thin black graphic across the tailgate
Driver Convenience Taken to a New Level
The Sportage’s all-new interior offers a level of comfort and convenience not previously offered in the segment. The cabin transforms into a pleasant living space, complete with near-luxury, thoughtful features:
- Futuristic driver cockpit with available dual panoramic curved display seamlessly connects two screens for nearly 25-inches of digital bliss (12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, 12.3-inch infotainment screen)
- Angular air vents hug the curved display for a simple and technical overall dash layout
- Asymmetrical console puts controls and buttons at the driver’s hand with ease, while also boasting smart storage solutions, including cup holders that come undone when they need to hold something other than a cup
- Real stitching and detailed pattern on the seats create a feeling of luxury (SX and above), along with animal-free leather (EX and above)
- Innovative coat hanger molded behind front headrests, with useable seatbacks that also house USB ports and an integrated hook for shopping bags or for organizing charging cables
Cutting Edge Technology and Connectivity
The cabin of the 2023 Sportage is packed with features that keep drivers connected, confident, and informed of what’s going on around them. Here are some of the biggest updated and highlights on the Sportages interior:
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are standard across all trim levels.
- An available wireless charging pad will keep your phone topped battery topped off at all times
- A Wi-Fi hotspot can connect up to 5 devices for instant streaming and entertainment for longer drives.
- The brand new and Intuitive touchpad with climate and audio controls sits beneath the infotainment screen.
- To help you navigate with ease, an integrated smart speaker lets you use Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant to remotely control some features of the vehicle hands-free.
- A cloud-based system calculates the optimal route using real-time maps and predicted traffic info based on historical information and AI to learn the preferred routes of users.
Standard Driver Assist Technology
Kia believes in safety for all, which is why all of the following features are on every trim from the entry level LX to the fully loaded X-Pro Prestige:
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW): Analyzes the driver’s attention level and provides a warning if a break is recommended. It may also provide a leading vehicle departure alert, if the leading vehicle departs from a stop and the driver does not react within a certain time period.
- LED Headlights with High Beam Assist (HBA): Engineered to automatically dim the headlights when an oncoming or leading vehicle is detected, then return to high beams when vehicles are no longer detected
- Lane Following Assist (LFA): Helps detect lane markings and vehicles ahead and provides steering inputs to help center the vehicle in the lane
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA): Helps detect lane markings and provides steering inputs to help prevent the vehicle from leaving the lane while driving
- Forward Collision Avoidance (FCA) with Cyclist detection capability: Warns if there is risk of a collision with a vehicle, pedestrian, or cyclist in front of the vehicle while driving and may automatically assist with braking
- Rear Occupant Alert (ROA): Provides a warning to the driver to check the rear seat before exiting the vehicle
- Rear View Monitor (RVM) with Dynamic Parking Guidance: Provides view of behind the vehicle, with guidelines that adjust to follow the direction the vehicle is turning
- Reverse Parking Distance Warning (PDW-R): Detects certain objects behind the vehicle, issuing an audible warning when an obstruction is detected. The warning tone chimes faster as the vehicle gets closer to the detected object
Stay posted to the Kia Victoria blog for all the latest updates on the game changing 2023 Kia Sportage, and all other members of the Kia vehicle lineup.